The following comments are by LJ, taken this morning from his LJ’s Next Step Skype Room, we hope this helps you with today’s current events in Iraq!
~ Mr. IQD
THIS IS FOR THE CONFUSED:
TODAY THE IRAQI PARLIAMENT PASSED THE TERM LIMIT LAW – BLOW TO MALIKI – THEY DID NOT VOTE ON THE FEDERAL COURT LAW – I BELIEVE THERE IS A CORRELATION BETWEEN THE 48 HOURS GIVEN FOR THE INVESTIGATION IN FALLUJAH AND THE FEDERAL COURT LAW – REMEMBER, PRESENTLY PARLIAMENT IS A
UNICAMERAL BODY (ONE CHAMBER IN THE HOUSE TO MAKE LAWS) THAT IS ITS PURPOSE– IT PASSES FEDERAL LAWS – IT PASSES FEDERAL LAWS! – IT PASSES FEDERAL LAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
– IT ALSO OVERSEES THE EXECUTIVE, RATIFIES TREATIES, APPROVES NOMINATIONS (WHICH WILL CHANGE AFTER THE NEXT ELECTIONS – NO MORE NOMINATIONS – EVERYONE WILL RUN BY ELECTORAL PROCESS TO ACHIEVE POSITIONS LIKE PRME MINISTER, PRESIDENT, AND PRESIDENT OF THE FEDERATION COUNCIL (THE OTHER CONSTITUTIONALLY MANDATED BODY TO CREATE A BI CAMERAL SYSTEM)
– IT, IN THE PAST ELECTION, ELECTED THE PRESIDENT WHO THEN SELECTED A PRIME MINISTER FROM THE MAJORITY COALITION – OUR FRIEND MALIKI. NOW THAT WE SEE PARLIAMENT PASSING FEDERAL LAWS – THERE SHOULD NOT BE A FUTURE QUESTION AS TO WHETHER PARLIAMENT CAN PASS FEDERAL LAWS!
– THE FEDERAL COURT IN ITS PRESENT FORM IS LOPSIDED – IT IS CONTROLLED BY THE MALIKI GOV’T
– HENCE THE VOTE TO CHANGE ITS AFFECT ON GOV’T – THE ATTACK IN FALLUJAH MAY SHED LIGHT ON WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT COULD ASSIST IN DETERMINING THE FEDERAL COURT ACT (MY OPINION ONLY)
– SO NO THE FEDERAL COURT WILL NOT BE ADDRESSED UNTIL MONDAY – WHICH IS 48 HOURS FROM TODAY – COINCIDENCE, I THINK NOT!!!!!
– WE JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT – I KNOW IT IS DIFFICULT BUT THINGS ARE MOVING AND MALIKI I S LOSING – ISNT THAT WHAT WE ALL WANT?
– WE WANTED TO SEE THE FEDERAL COURT LAW AND THE AMNESTY LAW, BUT I ALSO DID NOT HAVE EXPECTATION FOR THEM TO OCCUR TODAY! I HOPE THIS MIGHT CLEAR UP WHAT HAPPENED TODAY – YOU JUST SAW THE IRAQI LIST CALLING FOR AN INVESTIGATION – COULD IT BE THAT MALIKI ORDERED SUCH AN ATTACK? WE WILL WATCH AND SEE IF THERE IS METHOD TO THIS MADNESS…
THIS IS ALSO THE THIRD READING OF THE TERM LIMIT LAW – THAT IS REQUIRED TO ENACT LEGISLATION IN THE PARLIAMENTARY LEGISLATIVE BODY – AFTER 3 READINGS, A VOTE AND PASSAGE – CREATE LAW – THE TERM LIMIT WILL NOT BE SEE APPEAL – MALKI JUST DOESN’T LIKE TO LOSE AND HE IS DONG A LOT OF THAT – AND WILL CONTINUE – THANK GOD!
A comment by Street:
LJ, A great synopsis on the Fed Crt. I also find it interesting they voted to have the USA investigate and give them a report in 48 hrs. on the shooting. They have video footage of it and a Reuters camera man was shot in the arm. Im sure that moving the vote until Monday they have political motivations behind it.
SO TRUE STREET – AND ONCE WE (UNITED STATES) GET BACK IN – HELPING THEM WITH THEIR LEGISLATION – MALIKI WILL GO FURTHER DOWN!
POLITICAL MOTIVATIONS ARE REALLY GOOD WHEN THERE IS A LITTLE SKEPTICISM AMONG THE PEOPLE – THIS WILL HELP TO INSURE ITS PASSAGE – MIGHT AS WELL TRUMP UP AS MUCH AS YOU CAN – WE’VE COME THIS FAR WHAT IS ANOTHER 2 DAYS – FOR THAT MATTER – ANOTHER 30 DAYS? – WE DON’T WANT TO HEAR THAT BUT THIS WILL ONLY HAPPEN WHEN THE ATMOSPHERE IS CLEARED.
A comment by Street:
LJ, if my last 3 yrs studing this, if it was a yard stick, we have moved 35 inches since the world bank told them on Nov 9th that they had until Feb 23rd to get everything done or they would pull their loans and stop supporting the food, gasoline and deisel. Yes I know that dates have often be pushed forward. But this time just seems differant. Maliki has not won anything in the last several weeks…
IT IS DIFFERENT – BUT WE CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THEY FOLLOW THROUGH.